After the food topic was exhausted, a caller said she'd never texted, and that she still has a flip phone, much to the amusement of the deeJ's. DJays. This made me laugh. I have a Razor. And I don't text. I even block people from texting me because I have to pay for each text individually. Recently I was talking about my text-impairedness and a friend exclaimed, "Do you know how many times I've texted you and thought you were just ignoring me?"
I'm not rude. I'm just cheap.
But then! The next caller said he'd never had a DVR. Whoa. Again, this was true for me. We've never DVRed. Seriously, how is it possible we even survive without these essential necessities? That we can raise a family without DVR! That my children can grow and flourish in such conditions is truly quite astonishing.
I could probably expect a text from Child Protective Services any day. But I won't get it.
8 comments:
All I have to say is that I love you. You're one cool (old-fashioned, cheap) chick.
I had to start texting because it's the only way I can communicate with Skyler these days! How sad is that? But when I'm at work, he actually texts me, and actually talks with me! What a treat!!!
Hey, I just downgraded my cable package today! All the extra bonus channels will be gone. Are you proud of me or what?
I'm not buying it, having received texts from you via Blake's phone! Maybe you can start taking over his phone like he takes over yours. ;)
But see, Sara, Blake has to get me to the right screen and if I ever have to backspace or anything, I am in in trouble. Blake has to walk me through it every time.
Yeah, you are my soul sister! I have never sent or received a text because I, too, have to pay for them individually and I'm too cheap to do so. I had a friend who thought I was ignoring her too.
Oh, and I have a flip phone. :)
I luv that picture of the kids! So cute.
See....My little Razor phone had to be put to rest (darn battery) and I finally got a nifty little slider phone with a full QWERTY keyboard and everything. My little sister's comment: "Cool! Finally! You can text me now!" My response: "Nope. Still blocked." :-) Her: "What!? Why do you have a phone like that then?" What can I say...it was free. :-)
Post a Comment