Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just when did 1975 get so far away?

Me and 36 became acquainted last Friday. I have some animosity about this relationship.

Personally I would rather keep 35 around a little longer. 36 is too good of friends with 40.

I suppose I have no choice. I'm getting older. I have gray hair sprouts to prove it. And every answer to questions I asked my girly doctor last visit contained the phrase, "you can expect that at your age." It dawned on me recently that half of my life ago I was graduating from high school. WHAT the WHAT?

Blake got me a bench for my birthday. It's a little glider rocker one. I enjoy rocking on it, like old ladies like to do, pondering life as a 36-year-old matron. I think I will like to sit here often this year next to people like these. I guess it could be worse.

I mean, I could be 37.

10 comments:

Candice said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, Good Friend. A Rocker...no Glider. That is a great present for someone so close to 40. Like me.

You are awesome.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday! Look at the bright side....you're going into the 36th year looking awesome! I swear our moms looked way older at 36 than we do!

Holly said...

At least you still look like you're 25. Seriously, you look great!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Yeah, you don't know Holly. That was me :)

Barb said...

It was fun to talk to you the other night!

Monica said...

Jenna, you're still thirty(something), flirty, and thriving! Live it up! You rock - in more ways than one. ;)

Robyn said...

I don't know if I can be friends with someone who's almost 40. That's really old. As soon as I turn 31 we can be friends again.

Robyn said...

P.S. That picture of you is REALLY cute.

Rachel said...

I think you're beautiful. Happy Birthday. Funny we live so close and yet don't get together. Maybe next year we do something together for our birthdays as mine is just around the corner in a week or so. A girl trip to deny 37. :) You're a beautiful 36 Jenna

Sandy said...

That is a great pic of you...and I'll be joining you in a few months :)