Here in AZ we're still trying to adjust to the reality that Cashybones won't come bounding up to the car to greet us on our next Idaho visit. Cash is as much a part of Grandma's as the candy cupboard and the trampoline under the tree. I've known Cash longer than I've known my kids. In fact, to Rafe Cash is the only identifying factor to which Grandma we are referring to at the moment. "Is the Grandma With Cashybones coming to see us, or the other one?" Now we may have to assign someone Nanna or Grammy, for goodness' sake.
Rafe's had the most questions about what Cash is doing in heaven and how he got there. "Does Cashy hear us when he's in heaven?" "Does Cash eat in heaven?" "But WHERE is heaven?" I don't know, but as we do know, all dogs go there...except maybe the poodle we had growing up.
Until our next walk, Cashybones, we all miss you.
4 comments:
I love your cartoons. It's so scary that we dont' seem to have freedom of expression. Only the Liberals have the right to voice their opinions. They have no fear telling the world that they are treated unfairly and they have rights but we try and we get called names and criticized. But I don't think this will get any better I just have to get more courage. Hard to do, isn't it? Good to see updates on your family.
You know, I have no attachment to animals. But for some odd reason, this post made me teary eyed. I must be hormonal or something!
We have some pictures of your kids with Cash from a couple of summers ago. We'll send them to you.
Thanks for stealing the picture...
Post a Comment